In case you missed it see what’s in this section
Recipe: Watercress, courgette and ham quiches
Perfect accompaniment to a summer bbq or for a nice hot evening with a side salad and new potatoes. Give this recipe for Watercress, courgette and ham quiches a try!
Preparation: 15 minutes
Cook time: 55 minutes
Calories per serving: 412
- 1x 320g pack ready rolled shortcrust pastry
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 courgettes, sliced
- 1x 85g watercress, chopped, plus extra to serve
- 125g thick cut ham, finely chopped
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 200ml single cream
- 100g ricotta
- Preheat oven to gas mark 5, 190 degrees C, fan 170 degrees C. Roll pastry and cut into 6 pieces. Place in tart tins leaving excess pastry hanging over the edge. Prick bases with fork. Lay baking paper in tins and fill with baking beans.
- Bake for 15 minutes, remove paper and beans. Bake for a further 8-10 minutes until pastry is pale golden. Trim excess pastry. Turn oven to gas mark 3, 170 degrees C, fan 150 degrees C.
- Fry courgettes until golden. Cool. Divide watercress and ham among the cases.
- Whisk eggs and cream in a bowl. Season. Fill almost to top of cases. Arrange courgettes on top, dot over ricotta. Bake for 25-30 minutes until just set. Serve with extra watercress.
Credit to Tesco for recipe.
Weather in Bristol